The secret for the flavor in this version of creamed spinach is exactly that: flavor! It's not just spinach and cream like some are.
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced (or 1/2 a large one)
- 2-4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (or 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 4 tablespoons light butter or margarine
- 1 Knorr chicken stock cube
- 16 ounce bag frozen chopped spinach
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fat free half and half
- 3 wedges Laughing Cow Light herb and garlic cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
If there is a good bit of water in the pan, raise heat to medium high and cook the liquid off until it is almost gone. Stir in half and half and wedges of Laughing Cow cheese and cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and incorporated smoothly. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce the half and half a bit. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve!