I made these for my own Thanksgiving dinner this year -- very very good. Healthy? Not so much... but definitely delicious! The cooking time might seem like a lot, but for fresh green beans it works. If you can only get frozen, cut the cooking time to about 7 minutes after adding the green beans.
- 11/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 cups water
- 2 Knorr ham or chicken boullion cubes
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
Add water and stock cubes. Let come to a boil and add green beans. Cook 30 minutes and add butter. Serve immediately.