To make dinner easier to pull together, I served this with Betty Crocker's Roasted Garlic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes and leftover grilled zucchini from the night before.
To serve 6:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 pkg McCormick Grill Mates Southwest Marinade Mix
- Vinegar and water required by marinade mix - omit oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water with 1 Knorr reduced sodium chicken stock cube dissolved in it
- 1/2-1 can Ro-tel tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2-1 can Garlic and Onion or Olive Oil and Garlic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded 2% milk sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Brown chicken all over, adding more spray if needed. Add white wine and raise heat to high. Cook wine down until syrupy.
While wine cooks down, pulse tomatoes in a food processor or blender. You don't want them perfectly smooth, more of a chunky puree. After wine has concentrated, add chicken stock cube and water, plus the tomatoes, to the skillet. Stir well to combine and let simmer over medium high until tomatoes are very thick. Remove chicken from pan, top each piece with a scant spoonful of sauce, sprinkle with cheese and cover with a pan or metal lid to let residual heat melt the cheese.
Add COLD butter, cut into small pieces, into remaining sauce, and swirl through it until melted and sauce is creamy. Serve sauce with chicken.