Easy Tortellini Soup with Spinach and Chicken Sausage

Tortellini soup (tortellini in brodo, in Italian) is one of my favorite comfort foods, and today, I came up with the easiest version I've ever had -- and the most delicious! This is entirely made from stuff in boxes and bags and jars; there is NO difficult prep work involved, and only a tiny amount of chopping! It took a whole 20 minutes to put together, and although I didn't plan to write about it, it was too good not to share. (You'll thank me later!)

Sooooo here we go:


Pour both containers of broth into a large pot. Bring to a boil.

While the broth heats up, heat the olive oil in a large skillet and brown the sausage. Once the broth is boiling, add the frozen tortellini. After 5 minutes, add the spinach. Once the tortellini is cooked, which means you will see it floating to the top, stir in the pesto and the browned sausage, with the olive oil it cooked in.

When serving, sprinkle some grated Parmesan on each bowl.

Comments