To make 6 servings:
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, sliced into strips, or chicken tenders
- Garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, regular or reduced fat
- 6 ounces center cut bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon deli mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
While the chicken bakes, cook diced bacon over medium high heat until crispy and drain well on paper towels. Combine mayo, mustards and honey and whisk well.
After 20 minutes in the oven, CAREFULLY drain liquid from chicken. Spread honey mustard over the chicken pieces and sprinkle with cooked bacon. Tear the Swiss cheese in pieces and arrange over the chicken. Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
Outback serves this with fries, but JC always gets their rice pilaf, so I cooked a box of Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice to go with it for him, as pictured; I had roasted spaghetti squash and steamed asparagus with my chicken.