There are plenty of copycat recipes for Fiesta Lime Chicken on the web - mostly from genius Todd Wilbur of topsecretrecipes.com. This is NOT that -- a. this is far simpler, and b. because it's not a clone per se, I went healthier with it. This will feed 4-6 people for about the cost of one serving from Applebee's, as reasonably priced as they are.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into about 4 oz pieces
- 1 bottle Lawry's 30 minute marinade, Tequila Lime flavor
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Now: either spray a broiling pan with non-stick spray and broil the chicken until done, turning once, or grill until done. Alternatively, bake chicken pieces at 400 degrees until done. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken has reached at least 160 degrees.
While the chicken cooks, combine the reserved marinade with 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Gently boil over medium-high until the water has cooked way and you have about 3/4 cup cooked down marinade. To the marinade, add:
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup light ranch dressing
- several shots Tabasco or to taste - I used about 8