Tangy Herb Chicken


I feed some very picky eaters, so I am always on the lookout for tasty recipes that use boneless chicken and are easy to make after work. I found a recipe called Bistro Chicken on Kraft Foods website, and since I always consider recipes to be just a starting point, I added some extra herbs and Dijon mustard to it and fooled with the preparation method a bit. Warning: this contains Miracle Whip! I too was a little hesitant, but since it was already in the fridge, I figured "why not give it a try?"

Although it was viewed with a little suspicion, the reviews were raves! I served the chicken with green beans simmered in chicken broth, and my own version of Boston Market's Garlic Dill Red Potatoes. The potatoes cooked in the same time as the chicken, and it was a very nice and easy meal.

To make four servings:
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1/3 cup Miracle Whip Light
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon each dried dill, thyme, rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Dried or fresh parsley to sprinkle on chicken

Combine all ingredients except chicken and parsley. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and coat with Miracle Whip mixture. Marinate, refrigerated, up to 24 hours.

Preheat oven to 375. Shake excess marinade from chicken. Do not discard marinade. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray or line it with foil.

Bake chicken 25 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees. After 25 minutes, remove from oven. Switch oven to broiler on high. Pat remaining marinade over top of chicken pieces. Sprinkle with a little parsley and some freshly ground pepper. Pop under the broiler and WATCH carefully. When chicken coating is browned and bubbly, remove and let stand five minutes before serving.

Note: the picture above is for Kraft's version of this dish. Mine tastes different, but looks exactly the same! It all got eaten before I could take a picture!

Comments